Tuesday, August 19, 2008

19 Weeks

About a week and a half ago I had a fun night in the hospital. Everything is fine, I just learned that I have an irritable uterus. Apparently it's pretty common for a uterus to get irritable when it has 3 babies to deal with on a daily basis. I was sent home on Terbutaline, which I couldn't stand, and fortunately my doctor approved its discontinuation. I won't go into details, but if you google it, you'll see why I was hesitant to remain on it. As a result of all of that, I am now on bedrest. I can use the restroom and shower...and I do a few other things, but for the most part, I need to take it easy. And that's fine by me b/c everytime I stand up for 5 minutes, I feel like I have to pee.

At my doctor appt last Thursday we learned that my uterus has now stretched to the size of a 30-week uterus in a singleton pregnancy. Yes, that does mean that my uterus will stretch well beyond a typical 40-week measurement by the time the babies are considered full-term. But for now, I'm 30 weeks...and I have to say, I don't look that big for 30 weeks. So I'll take it.

Last night I think we may have finally agreed on name number 3. Problem is that now Paul wants to nix one of our original names; however, he cannot come up with a replacement. So we have agreed to settle on 3 names for now, and if Paul comes up with something better by the time the girls arrive, then we will change a name or two. For now, we have:

Baby A - Ashlyn
Baby B - Peyton
Baby C - Olivia

Middle names are pending.....

And now, a photo of me at 18 weeks with little Chloe in the background
Photobucket

And a 19-Week belly shot
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the third name! And you are looking great, keep up the good work! Glad your home from the hospital and you and the girls are doing good!

link