Friday, November 28, 2008

Worn Out

I think the lack of sleep has caught up with me because I now have a cold. It really snuck up on me. Started as a little, tiny cough on Tuesday and by Wednesday I was sick. My body apparently doesn't enjoy sleeping for only 2 to 3 hours at a time during the night. So now I'm trying to take lots of naps during the day so that I can recover sooner, rather than later.

The girls are kind of doing better. Makenna and Lauren started back on feeds this week, but it was just a few ml's of pedialyte by mouth. Yes, that means they are bottle feeding the pedialyte. Makenna's x-ray today didn't look so hot, though, and she was taken off food again. Olivia is our little superstar at the moment. She had her very first bottle of breastmilk today. It also happened to be her very first Thanksgiving Dinner!!! She did very well and managed to get down a little over 2/3 of her 1oz feeding. The rest was given via her feeding tube. She didn't spit up at all and although she desatted a bit during the feed, she really did quite well overall. Perhaps they will keep increasing her feeds over the coming days.

Our nurse did mention that they may try to move Lauren and Makenna to open cribs sometime over the next week or so. I believe when this happens they can begin to wear clothes, as well. I can't wait to see the girls dressed, although they do quite enjoy being naked.

That's about all for now. Enjoy the videos...



1 comment:

Mary Dunbar said...

They are so precious. I check in on your blog often. I am glad the babies are growing stronger by the day. Keep your chin up, you will have babies home before you know it! =)

Mary BBC

link